Thursday, September 27

News & Notes

The past couple of weeks have been hectic, what with getting the girls into a new school routine, the wife starting a new high-power job, getting accepted to grad school, writing reviews for The Horn Book Guide, building a new blog, blah, blah, blah.

Here's the deal. I am backlogged with dozens of reviews I just haven't found the time to get down and one of these days, pretty soon, the floodgates are going to open. This blog has it's one year anniversary coming very soon and I'll be dropping a more full news announcement then about some changes (all for the good) coming from the knowledge lair at the excelsior file.

In the meantime, the Second Annual Cybils are coming up and after spending the past year kicking myself for not participating in the inaugural run I find myself on this year's graphic novel committee. Yeee! You can click on the link above for general info, but here's the line-up for the graphic novel group.

Category Organizer: Sarah Stevenson (Reading YA: Readers' Rants)

Nominating Panel:

Mary Lee Hahn (A Year of Reading)
Alyssa Feller (The Shady Glade)
Katie Zenke (Pixie Palace)
Elizabeth Jones
Gina Ruiz (AmoXicalli)

Judging Panel:

David Elzey (The Excelsior File)
J.L. Bell (Oz and Ends)
Anna (TangognaT)
Snow Wildsmith (My Reading Project)
Angie Thompson (Angieville)

Wow. This is going to be a wild ride. I better keep my hands and arms inside the blog at all times! In the meantime I have to go run some errands. Hopefully I'll be up to speed within the next couple of days. So much to talk about!

Is it time we revisit the Grimmoire?

No comments: